Each swimmer’s progress is evaluated at competitions which are MANDATORY, as they are an integral part of the training program.
- This program is for highly motivated swimmers, aged 15 and over, with strong Provincial AAA standards, Youth, Junior or National times.
- Dry-land training and morning practices will be scheduled throughout the season at the coach’s discretion according to the competition calendar.
- A chiropractor is available for swimmers of this group. Consultations take place at the Aquatic Centre once per week. However, any additional on-going one-on-one therapy is the athlete’s responsibility.
Age Group 1A
- This group is for swimmers 13 to 16 years old who are dedicated and with strong Provincial AA or Provincial AAA times.
- Swimmers in this group are training to obtain their Provincial AAA standards or higher (Youth) during the season.
Age Group 1B
- This group is for swimmers 13 to 16 years old who come from groups 2A or 2B and have their Provincial AA standards.
- Swimmers in this group are training to obtain their AAA standards by the end of the season.
Age Group 2A
- This group is for competitive swimmers 11 to 13 years old who come from the development program and/or Age Group 2B with strong Provincial AA or Provincial AAA standards.
Age Group 2B
- This group is designed to meet the needs of 11 to 13 year olds who come from the Development program or new swimmers who have some competitive swimming experience.
- Practices focus on technique, endurance and speed.
- Swimmers in this group are training to reach their Provincial AA qualification.